Our agency lately applied Salesforce Advertising Cloud for a consumer that had a few dozen integrations that had advanced transformations and communication rulesets. On the root was a Shopify Plus base with Recharge Subscriptions, a preferred and versatile resolution for subscription-based e-commerce choices.
The corporate has an modern cellular messaging implementation the place prospects may regulate their subscriptions by way of textual content message (SMS) they usually wanted emigrate their cellular contacts over to MobileConnect. The documentation for importing cellular contacts into MobileConnect is:
- Create the import definition in Contact Builder.
- Create an automation in Automation Studio.
- Add an import exercise to the automation.
- Once you configure the import exercise, choose the import definition you created.
- Schedule and activate the automation.
That seems like a easy 5-step course of, proper? The fact is that it’s way more advanced so we’ve determined to doc it and share it right here.
Detailed Steps to Automated Import of Your Advertising Cloud Cellular Contacts Into MobileConnect Utilizing Automation Studio
Step one is creating your import definition in Contact Builder. Right here’s a breakdown of the steps to do that.
- Create the import definition in Contact Builder by clicking on Create button in Contact Builder > Imports.
- Choose Listing as your Goal Vacation spot sort of improt you want to carry out.
- Choose Import Supply. We selected to import from a brief Knowledge Extension that was preloaded with the information.
- Clock on Choose Listing and Select Your Listing (In our case, All Contacts – Cellular).
- These contacts have all opted-in and we’re migrating them to MobileConnect, so you could Conform to the Decide-In Certification Coverage.
- Map Your Import Listing Columns (we created the Knowledge Extension with the ContactKey relationship already established).
- Title your exercise and select your SMS Code and SMS Key phrase.
- Affirm the wizard and click on End to avoid wasting your new exercise. You’ll want to add your electronic mail deal with for notifications so that you simply’re notified every time the import is executed with the outcomes.
Your import definition is now saved and you’ll reference it in your Automation that you simply’re going to create in Automation Studio.
The steps to create an automation in Automation Studio are usually not very clear. DO NOT use the File Import Exercise. Find the SMS Exercise the place you possibly can add the exercise utilizing the Import SMS Contact Exercise.
- Add an import exercise to the automation by deciding on the import definition you created in step 8 above. You’ll need to develop the SMS folder the place you’ll see your import definition.
- Schedule and activate the automation. When your automation runs, your cellular contacts can be imported and also you’ll be notified on the electronic mail deal with at step 8.
In case you’re in want of help, don’t hesitate to contact us at Highbridge. We now have finished in depth implementations and migrations from different cellular advertising platforms to Cellular Cloud.